A Lip balm is one product that is an absolute staple in every girl’s vanity. The one that I am reviewing today is the all-time popular Avon Strawberry Lip Balm, that reminds me of my school and college days. So let’s get on with the review and see how was my experience with this one. Stay tuned…
What The Brand Claims: The deliciously flavored lip balm moisturizes and softens dry lips. Contains sunscreen.
Packaging: The lip balm comes in a twist-up retractable tube with red Strawberries drawn all over. The cap shuts tightly with a click, making it secure to carry around. All the important information like date of manufacturing, date of expiry, directions to use and net product quantity are clearly spelt out. All in all, the packaging is attractive, convenient-to-use as well as travel friendly.
Shade: The shade ‘Strawberry’ appears to be red in color inside the tube. But when applied on the lips, the color does not show up much and it just provides a glossy sheen.
My Experience With The Product: Avon Naturals Strawberry Lip Balm has a smooth texture that is very easy to work with. It beautifully glides on and effectively hydrates the lips. It makes them soft, moisturized and healthy. The formula is lightweight, non-greasy and feels comfortable on the lips. However, if you apply too many layers, it might feel waxy or sticky. Along with this, it also contains SPF, which is definitely a big plus!
Like most lip balms, this one too lasts for 2-3 hours, after which one needs to reapply. Talking about the fragrance, it has a soft, fruity Strawberry scent that lingers on for quite some time, but nothing that would bother sensitive noses. The product retails for Rs 199 and can be easily found online as well as with Avon Reps.
- Easy-to-use, retractable tube packaging, travel-friendly as well
- Smooth texture, easy to work with
- Beautifully glides on the lips
- Effectively hydrates the lips, makes them soft and moisturized
- Contains SPF
- Feels lightweight and comfortable
- Fruity Strawberry scent that lingers on for some time
- Good product quantity, goes a long way
- Super affordable (Can usually find the product on discount)
- Easily available online as well as with Avon Reps
- Color does not show up much on the lips, but just a glossy sheen
- Applying too many layers of the product can feel somewhat waxy and sticky
- No mention of ingredient list
Price: Rs 199 for 4.5 gm
Do I Recommend This? Avon Naturals Strawberry Lip Balm has a smooth texture that beautifully glides on. It effectively hydrates the lips and leaves them soft and moisturized. The formula is lightweight and non-greasy and feels comfortable on the lips. The product goes a long way and has a fruity Strawberry scent. And, the presence of SPF is definitely a big plus!
Unfortunately, the color does not show up much on the lips, but just a glossy sheen. So, if you love to try out new lip balms, then you can definitely try this out. As for me, I found Maybelline Baby Lips to be better and would stick to it.
Till next time,