Today’s post is a review and swatch one on the shade Gilded Rose from Maybelline’s Gold Digger Range. So let’s begin and see how was my experience with this one. Stay tuned…
What The Brand Claims: Flash your graphic nails to make a fashion statement this season with the most playful range of nail polishes. Bringing the latest nail trends of top coats to India customizing it specifically for the Festive Golds we so love! Indulge in the festive cheer with the playful shards.
Packaging: The nail polish comes in the standard Maybelline Color Show packaging in a small glass bottle. It looks really cute and is sturdy too. The shade number, along with the shade name is mentioned at the top of the bottle, while the other details like price and date of manufacturing are present at the neck. The brush is also really easy-to-use and covers the nail area properly.
It dries down quickly and settles into a beautiful glitter matte finish; that looks lovely on the nails. It has a good lasting power and easily stays on for 4-5 days. But like most polishes, it starts to chip off from the tips if you are into everyday kitchen chores. Also, being a glitter-based polish, removing it takes some time and effort. The product is reasonably priced and can be easily found at Maybelline counters as well as online.
- Cute, sturdy as well as travel friendly packaging
- Slightly thick consistency, yet applies easily and evenly
- Convenient-to-use brush that picks up a good amount of product
- Dries down quickly
- Beautiful peachy-nude shade
- Finely milled glitter particles, do not feel chunky or gritty at all
- Decent pigmentation, goes opaque in 2-3 swipes
- Good lasting power
- Easily available at Maybelline counters as well as online
- Affordable (often available at discount)
- Takes some time and effort to remove the polish
- The shade can look washed out on some skin tones
Price: Rs 175 for 6 ml
Do I Recommend This? Maybelline Gilded Rose nail polish is a textured polish that applies easily and evenly on the nails. It is decently pigmented and has a good lasting power.
However, the shade is quite light and might look washed out on some skin tones. Also, being a glitter-based polish, removing the color requires some time and effort. Overall, I would say if you love the color, then this is definitely a good offering from the house of Maybelline!
Till next time,